First Baptist Bordentown
The music director will organize and lead the music ministry of the church and assist the pastor during worship services.
Position Music director beginning December 15, 2022
Accountable To Pastor and the Worship Ministry Team
Position Is Paid staff, 12 months
Minimum Maturity Stable, maturing Christian
Experience Shall have a minimum 2 years in similar position or education in the field of music.
Best Personality Traits Dependable Consistent Neat Good character Organized
- Strong Keyboard background
- Strong conducting skills
- Knowledge of choral/vocal repertoire
- Outstanding communication skills
- Organizational leadership
Passion For Exalting God, exhorting the saints and influencing the lost through music
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
1. Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: eight hours a week; more during special events
2. Participating in meetings/training: one+ hour a month.
1. Accompany congregational singing on piano.
2. Lead congregational singing.
3. Oversee the entire music ministry of the church.
4. Choose music for and direct the adult choir – September thru June
5. Ability to incorporate other musical instruments into worship services, i.e. handbells
6. Organize, maintain and update the music library.
7. Schedule and direct weekly and special rehearsals.
8. Select music and direct special groups and solos.
9. Provide training for choirs and musical groups.
10. Recruit new members for the music ministry.
11. In conjunction with the pastor, select and coordinate congregational songs with sermon topics and seasonal themes. Lead congregational singing.
12. Arrange for special music during every regular service—either by adult choir, special musical groups, or soloists – when appropriate.
13. Maintain musical instruments and arrange for tuning and upkeep.
14. Organize and maintain choir robes.
15. Supervise church organist,
16. Plan and direct Christmas and Easter musicals.
17. Coordinate with sound technician as needed.
18. Oversee budget and expenditures for the music ministry.
Salary: $15,000 annually
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bordentown, NJ 08505: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- Leadership: 1 year (Required)
- Mentoring: 1 year (Required)